Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Dinner....

I missed you all yesterday, I hope that you saw my guest blog spot at Maryland Pink and Green.  I had a recipe for one of my favorite soups for fall.  There's not a lot I like about fall, but soup would be an exception to that rule.  I love a good soup in the fall.

When I was a child, Sunday Dinner took place at my granny's house and involved lots and lots and lots of food, even though there was only 6 of us most of the time.  No matter if was 6 or 60, granny made too much food to feed the masses. I loved those Sunday afternoons, that were filled with dinner, and playing in the sun.  We always stayed dressed for dinner, but had play clothes for the afternoon.  I feel like those were magical times in my life. 

Now that I'm a pastor, Sunday Dinners consist of naps most of the time.  I am so tired by the end of Sunday Service the last thing I want to do is cook.  So, Sunday Dinner has become snack time.  Here is my favorite Sunday Snack:

Hummus
Olives
Feta Cheese

And....

These 7 grain Deli Flats are so delicious!  I like them better than Pita and I think they are better for you.  You Sunday may not be snack day, but pick some of these us for the next time you need a snack.  Some other ideas for them:

Mini-Pizza
Peanutbutter on Toast
Toasted Veggies and Cheese
Grilled Chicken Melt (With avocados)
Cream Cheese with cucumber

The possibilities are endless.....

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment