Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Guava, Lime, and Mango Pork Tenderloin

OK, I'm back and going to try again!  I promise one day I'll get tons of post-up and you will have something to read every day.  I've had a lot of great cooking adventures over the past few months, so I have lots of great recipes to share!  The one today turned out to be REALLY GOOD!

I had some left over red and orange peppers in my fridge.  I'm not a huge fan of any type of bell peppers, but I hated to see them go to waste.  I also had some limes left over from a party where there were Corona's.  So, I went to the store to see what I could figure out.  They had these BEAUTIFUL Mangoes and it hit me......Mango Salsa on a Pork Tenderloin.  I've always had a strange obsession with Guava.  I'm not sure why, but its there.  So, I decided to throw that into the mix as well.  Here's what I came up with:

1 Pork Tenderloin
2 Mangos
1 Red Pepper
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1 Can of Guava Juice
3 Lime
Lime Pepper  (I LOVE Jane's)















In a small roasting pan place your tenderloin sprinkle all sides with Lime Pepper.  Squeeze one Lime on top of tenderloin.  Pour 1/2 the can of Guave Juice in pan.  Cut 1/2 of each pepper into strips and place around the tenderloin.   1 lime into slices and mango into chunks.   Place on top of tenderloin   - limes first. 



Bake for about 45 minutes on 350 covered and then 10-15 uncovered.

Mango, Guava, Lime Salsa

Finely chop the left over peppers and mango. Mix together.  Add about 1/2 of what's left of the Guava Juice into bowl and the juice of 1 lime.  Add some fresh cilantro, lime pepper, and maybe a little salt.  Place in Fridge.  

Once the Tenderloin is done, slice into thin pieces, placing 3-5 pieces on a plate.  Spoon Salsa on top of the pieces.  Use Veggies and Mangoes from the pan as a side.   I served some plantains and Jazmin rice on the side as well.  There is so much more where this came from!  Stay Tuned and Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment