Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tzatziki Time!

My favorite food in the world, is Greek!  I love my southern fried tradition, I love my crazy cajun spice, but Greek....Greek is a way of life and taste of life, I wish I had every day!  Maybe if I was Greek, I would get tired of it, but not being Greek, I love it!  On Monday I gave you the recipe for my favorite Greek dish, spanakopita.  For me, you cannot have spanakopita without tzatziki.  Tzatziki is a great dip/sauce that I think is good on almost anything, except maybe chocolate chip cookies (I once got caught having to eat Tabasco sauce on cookies because I said it was good on anything).  I love it on just plain pita, spanakopita, chicken, fish, beef, veggies.  It is just plain good!  So, make you up a batch and experiment!  Some of the great meals come from experimenting! 


Ingredients

  • 2 (8 ounce) containers plain yogurt -- some use Greek, normal US is OK as well
  • 2 cucumbers - seeded and diced -- I like the peeling so I leave it on, but some people like it better without the peeling
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped. 

In a large bowl, combine, well everything! Stir until well blended.  Cover and refrigerate overnight flavor. OK, so I always have to have a little right away and in a couple more hours, and a few after that....it is good right away, but only gets better with time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment