Thursday, December 9, 2010

Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie

When I was a kid, I loved Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake.  My mom would special order me a cake every year to the bewilderment of the employees in Baskin Robins.  What 5 year-old wants a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake? It would be me.  A couple of weeks ago, I found myself with some extra Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, that I knew was not going to get eaten as ice cream, so I decided to make a pie.  It was super easy and tasted much better than I could imagine.

1 Carton of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

3/4 a Carton of Cool Whip

1 Sleeve of Mint Oreos

1 Gram-cracker Crust

Extra Mint Oreos for Garnish

Let Ice Cream soften for 5 - 10 minutes on the counter.  Blend together Ice Cream, Cool Whip, and Mint Oreos on medium for 2-3 minutes, then whip for 3 minutes.  Spoon mixture into pie shell -- smoothing the top with a spatula.  Place in freezer for 2 hours.  Before serving, using a pastry bag, put stars of Cool Whip around the edge, sprinkle Mint Oreo Crumbs on the inside the Cool Whip Boarder.  Serve with on Oreo on the side.


Enjoy!

Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment